2010 The Nth Degree Cabernet Sauvigon
Our 2010 vintage offers mouth-filling flavors and bold tannins characteristic of great California Cabernets. It delights with flavors of ripe black cherry, cassis, black tea, coffee and cocoa, and has a rich, well-balanced finish.
Prime Livermore Valley, Napa Valley and Arroyo Seco Estate vineyards were selected for the Nth Degree program because of their consistent production of exceptional fruit. The vineyards were “ultra-farmed”; every vine receives at least fifteen passes by hand - to pruning, leaf pulling, removing shoots, and thinning clusters, in an effort to ensure that the grape clusters remaining at harvest are of the highest quality. The grapes were harvested in the early morning into half ton bins and handpicked, sorted, and crushed into small stainless steel fermenters.
30% of the wine was fermented in 1.5 ton bins and punched down by hand twice daily. The other 70% was fermented in small upright stainless steel tanks pumped over twice daily.
The wine was aged for 22 months in French, American, Eastern European, and neutral oak barrels.