Alameda County’s latest SIP update has lifted some restrictions which allow us to resume with a controlled opening of the golf course. While the new order goes into effect on Monday May 4th, we will use a couple of days to ensure we have operational plans in place that will allow for us to operate in a safe and compliant manner.
Beginning May 6th, The Course at Wente Vineyards will reopen to our Proprietor’s Reserve Club Members only.
Guests will not be permitted during this initial opening phase. We will be operating in full compliance with restrictions on access and use that are established to reduce crowding and risk of transmission of COVID-19.
The Tee Sheet will open on Monday May 4th with the first available tee times on Wednesday May 6th. Members with existing times will be notified of any changes. Tee times will be available from 8am – 1pm, with 15-minute intervals, Tuesday through Sunday (closed on Mondays). Tee times must be made in advance. In order to book a tee time, your membership must be paid and up to date.
As the COVID-19 virus has not gone away, your health and safety and that of our employees is our number one concern. As part of this gradual reopening, we are working closely with the Alameda County Health Care Services Agency on an extensive list of operational changes created to reduce risk for our staff and guests. As a guest on property, you will be required to comply with all interim rules under which we will be operating.
As the situation is fluid, our procedures will continue to shift as needed. As of today, some of the operational changes include:
- A parking lot attendant will check your reservation at the gate. Only Members with a confirmed golf reservation will be admitted.
- Please do not arrive earlier than 20 minutes prior to your tee time. The driving range and putting green will not be open and we will limit the number of people waiting around the Clubhouse.
- All play will begin on hole #1.
- All staff and guests on the property must adhere to SIP guidelines including not exceeding gathering limits established by local and state authorities.
- The Pro Shop and Grill will remain closed through Sunday, May 31st under the current order. All seating at the Grill has been removed. We will not be offering food or beverage options during this controlled re-open.
- We will not provide rental clubs during this period.
- All “shared” materials have been removed from the course and will not be available. This includes scorecards, tees, pencils and towels.
- All outside staff will be wearing protective equipment including face masks and gloves.
- Regular amenities common to your golfing experience at Wente Vineyards will not be available.
- All water dispenser/coolers have been removed from the property. Please be prepared with your own water.
- To comply with social distancing guidelines, we will reduce available tee times to help spread out golfers across the course. Additionally, a cart will be provided to each golfer with deep cleaning and sanitizing taking place between usage.
- Clear signage will be posted to inform all guests of operational changes and required enhancements to our sanitation practices including increased frequency of routine cleaning, sanitization and disinfection of all locations.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the course. Sanitation products are antimicrobial and approved by the CDC.
- All members will be required to return their golf cart after play and exit the property. We cannot allow gathering in the parking lot or around the clubhouse.
Please support staff and the safety of other guests by wearing a face covering and maintaining 6’ distance at all times.
Supporting staff and community health and safety is a top priority at Wente Vineyards and we appreciate your patience and understanding while the Course has been closed. We are all in this together. We are excited to be able to invite you back for an exceptional round of golf in the beautiful Livermore wine country.