Bring coastal California to your table with a seafood and wine pairing by Wente Vineyards. A quick and easy sauce to bring out the best in your fresh oysters. Oysters and seafood are a great appetizer to feature on Labor Day weekend to the end of April.
Prep Time - 5 mins Total Time - 15 mins
24 oysters fresh/shucked/placed on crushed ice
1/2 cup champagne vinegar (or unseasoned rice vinegar)
2 tablespoons sparkling or white wine (optional)
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
1 scallion white part, finely diced
1 large shallot, finely diced
1 tsp grated lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice, or to taste
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, or to taste
1. In medium sized bowl combine all of the ingredients for the mignonette and whisk to combine. If available can also blitz the parsley, lemon zest, shallots, lemon juice and vinegar in a food processor. Adjust lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. Allow to sit 10 minutes for flavors to combine. Can also leave it overnight or up to 72 hours.
3. Place your freshly shucked oysters a top a bed of crushed ice on your serving platter.
4. Drizzle mignonette over oysters and serve remaining along side the platter.
5. Serve and consume immediately.